Scammers are everywhere and you need to be careful while using classified ads websites. At Pikidi, customer protection and security is of paramount importance to us, the reason why we are sharing some important security tips to safeguard yourself while using Pikidi classified ads marketplace.
Avoid product or Items scams by meeting the seller in a public place and checking your items thoroughly to ensure it is in the right condition before you pay or offer any form of payment either in cash or through bank transfer.
Guides Of Protecting Yourself From Scammers:
- Ensure that you read about the seller’s feedback from other users, Sellers’ reviews,s and rating
- Ensure you carefully read the description of an item or product before purchasing or placing bids.
- Ensure to ask as many questions as possible that bother you about any item and when the answer is convincing enough, you can make your choice of purchasing.
Do Not share your banking information or BVN details including your credit card number with people you meet on the classified site, especially when buying expensive items such as cell phones, laptops, TVs, airlines, or event tickets.
When an offer or prize is too cheap than expected, you need to take a closer look and do not offer any form of instant cash transfer services to pay for your purchase unless you are so sure you are satisfied with the product.
General Safety Tips
- Before paying for any items, Always check the items properly
- Beware too good to be true prize tags and offers.
- Do not wire money online or Pay in advance for any goods or services.
- Ensure you personally know the seller before you pay for shipping otherwise physical delivery is highly recommended.
- Do not share your bank information whle initiating online transaction.
- Be cautious of unusual/suspicious requests